Coca Cola BBQ Ribs
FOR THE RIBS
- 1 (1.5 liter) bottle of Coca-Cola (not diet!)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 racks baby back ribs (about 4 pounds)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2/3 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola (not diet!)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, add the (1.5 liter) bottle of Coca-Cola, onion, garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns. Add the ribs and, if necessary a bit of water just to ensure the ribs are submerged completely. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, turning the ribs occasionally, until the meat pulls away from the bone, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, combine the butter, onion, garlic, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and (12 ounces) Coca-Cola in large heavy sauce pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for about 25 minutes stirring often until sauce is thickened and reduced. Season to taste with salt and pepper and let cool slightly. Using a blender, puree the sauce.
Note: Sauce can be made up to 5 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Just for fun, here is one of my very favourite cookie recipes. It’s fun, delicious, and super easy! (:
Do you like food as much as we do?
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- Waxed paper
- In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.
- Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.
Texel born half white and half black. The four-week-old Texel cross ram has been named Battenberg — his front right leg and back left legs are black - while the other two are white.
I’ve seen so many Mother’s Day gif set. But I wanted to make a gifset dedicated to the girl who didn’t choose to become a mother, but had to. Nani. She was the best mother she could be to Lilo, and the best sister too.
She didn’t just lose her mother and father, with all the things she was doing wrong, she felt like she was losing her sister too.Nani, hardly gets recognition, and throughout the entire film she did everything she could and it seemed like the odds were against her. So, appreciation for Nani, as she’s one of the strongest, most realistic & realistic looking Disney character ever.